Follow this simple guide on collecting content from an Instagram Hashtag into Flowbox. 👩🏫
How to get started
First, you need to connect your Facebook Business Account under 'Settings', then 'Company Settings', then 'Accounts'.
Once you've connected your accounts to Flowbox, you can add an Instagram hashtag as a source to your Flow:
- Go into the settings of the Flow that you want the posts from the hashtag source to appear in.
- Click on Instagram.
- Select 'Hashtag' in the dropdown list and fill in the information required.
Newly collected content will appear in the inbox of this Flow.
There are some limitations to collecting content via a hashtag:
- You can query a maximum of 30 unique hashtags on behalf of an Instagram Business User within a rolling 7-day period. Once you query a hashtag, it will count against this limit for 7 days. Subsequent queries on the same hashtag within this time frame will not count against your limit, and will not reset its initial query 7 day timer.
- Personally identifiable information will not be included in responses: [usernames, profile pictures and the publication date].
- You cannot comment on hashtagged media objects discovered through the Flowbox platform.
- Emojis in hashtag queries are not supported. You cannot search for '#Flowbox💙', only '#Flowbox'.
- Only content posted with the hashtag from the last 24 hours will be fetched from Instagram.
- Posts that have been marked 'private' by the user will not be collected due to API restrictions. Even if you are following a private account, Flowbox will not collect this content as the user has not allowed it to be public.
You are now ready to start moderating your content! You can learn all about moderation in the Visual Marketing section of the help center.