Before starting to implement a Dynamic Flow, make sure you're familiar with embedding a regular, static Flow as described in https://intercom.help/flowbox/embedding-flowbox-on-your-site/embedding-a-flow-on-your-website
Tag Flows are a great way to dynamically extend your regular Flows by pulling in posts sharing one or many tags. 🌞
To create a Dynamic Flow based on tags you need to have posts with tags added in Moderate. 🏷
You then add the embed script to your HTML source the same as for static Flows but you also tell the embed script which posts to show by passing in an array of tags when calling
tags: ['summer', 'sun'] // Display posts that have either "summer" or "sun" as tags
You can also change the behavior of the dynamic Flow to include posts that have one of the tags added or all the tags by passing in the
tagsOperator property to
init . This supports the following options:
- all meaning "the Dynamic Flow will pull in posts that's tagged with all the tags in the list". This is used by default.
- any meaning "the Dynamic Flow will pull in posts that's tagged with one or more of the tags in the list".
tags: ['summer', 'sun'],
tagsOperator: 'all' // Display posts that have *both* "summer" and "sun" added as tags
Interactive example – switching between tags
An interactive demo for switching tags in a Tag Flow—including example code—can be found here. This demo shows you how to set up a simple navigation for switching between a few different tags for one Flow. ✨
The long story short is that you make use of the
window.flowbox('update') method to update the criteria for which posts to display.
Limited amount of posts
The Dynamic Tag flow is limited to a maximum amount of 100 posts being displayed in its flow.
- Embedding a 🌊 Flow on your website: https://intercom.help/flowbox/embedding-flowbox-on-your-site/embedding-a-flow-on-your-website
- Embedding multiple 📶 Flows on one page: http://help.getflowbox.com/embedding-flowbox-on-your-site/embedding-multiple-flows-on-one-page
- Implementing and embedding a Dynamic 🌊 Product 🛒 Flow: https://help.getflowbox.com/embedding-flowbox-on-your-site/implementing-and-embedding-a-dynamic-product-flow