Chrome extension - Flowbox without limitations
When connecting a source to a flow, Flowbox will begin to automatically collect content that was recently posted and henceforth. Unfortunately we are not able to fetch historical content way back in time since Instagram doesn’t allow us to do that due to API regulations. However, since we know that you have a lot of great user-generated content that was posted before you became a Flowboxer - we built a magical extension for Google Chrome browser which allows you to collect and fetch content directly from Instagram without limitations.
Download it and go bananas! 🍌
Installing the Chrome Extension
First of all, make sure you have Google Chrome installed as a web browser on your computer.
When in Chrome,
- Click on this link to go to the Flowbox Chrome extension page on Chrome Webstore.
- Click on the blue ‘Add to Chrome’ button.
- Allow the Flowbox extension to install by clicking 'Add extension'.
- A window asking you to login to your Flowbox account should now appear. Log in with your Flowbox user credentials.
Let's learn how to use it 👇🏼
How to use our Chrome extension
After you’ve installed our extension, head over to Instagram and find a post you’d like to collect. Haven't installed our Chrome extension yet? Go to this article and start there.
The Flowbox logo in your extensions bar should activate when visiting Instagram.com.
1. Pick a Flow
Start off with choosing which flow you wish to send posts to using the Flowbox Chrome extension.
- Click on the Flowbox logo in your extensions bar.
- Open the drop-down menu ‘Select flow...’
- Pick which flow you want to send posts to.
- Click ‘Save’.
2. Time to start collecting posts!
When you open a post on Instagram.com, you should now see the Flowbox logo in the upper right corner of the image.
Click on the Flowbox logo and choose what you want to do with the post.
Send a Rights Request
- Click on the hammer icon.
- Pick a Rights Request template, the template will automatically be copied to your clipboard.
- Paste the template in the comment-field and just hit enter.
- The icon will now go green indicating that the Rights Request has been sent, and the post has the status "Pending" in your Flowbox account.
Be advised: The Rights Request will be sent from the account you're logged in with on Instagram.com, also make sure you have your Instagram account connected as a @mentions source to a Flow.
Add posts directly to a Flow
Adding the post directly to your Flow is a breeze. Just hit the plus icon and the post will be added to your Flow. Easy peasy! The icon will go green to indicate that the post has been added directly to your flow.
'Post collected' status
If you open a post on Instagram and it has a green checkmark it indicates that the post has already been collected to your Flowbox account. Move on to the next post! 😏
Collecting carousel posts from Instagram is not possible at the moment. However, if you want to collect a carousel post, send a Rights Request! Once the user has answered your Rights Request with your mention and key-hashtag, the complete carousel will be collected to your flow. 👌
Good to know
Remember, content that is collected via Chrome extension will still follow the same process and rules as the regular ones directly in Flowbox. For example, all the posts will end up in chronological order. If you collect a piece of content posted 1 year ago, you will most likely not find it at the top of your flow. Therefore it might be a good idea to create a separate Masterflow for Chrome extension posts so you can easily find them afterwards.