Adding Instagram as a source 📸
Once you've connected your Instagram account to Flowbox, you can add Instagram as a source to your Flows by following these steps:
- Go to 'Visual Marketing' > 'Flows' and select the settings of the Flow to which you want to add Instagram as a source.
- On the bottom-left of this Flow's settings you can add Sources. You can now select 'Hashtag' or 'Username', 'Mentions' or 'Photo tag' as type:
- 'Hashtag' will collect posts that include a specified hashtag. NOTE: Do not include write '#Flowbox', just write 'Flowbox' in the box.
- 'Username' will collect posts from your connected account.
- 'Mentions' will collect posts that mentioned your connected account.
- 'Photo tag' will collect posts that have tagged your connected account.
From now on, all new Instagram content will now appear in the Inbox of this Flow and can easily be approved and used for your Flows.
There are some limitations to collecting Instagram content via a hashtag:
- You can query a maximum of 30 unique hashtags on behalf of an Instagram Business User (and per Flowbox account) within a rolling 7-day period. Once you query a hashtag, it will count against this limit for 7 days. Subsequent queries on the same hashtag within this time frame will not count against your limit, and will not reset its initial query 7 day timer.
- Personally identifiable information will not be included in responses: [usernames, profile pictures and the publication date].
- You cannot comment on hashtagged media objects discovered through the Flowbox platform.
- Emojis in hashtag queries are not supported. You cannot search for '#Flowbox💙', only '#Flowbox'.
- Only content posted with the hashtag from the last 24 hours will be fetched from Instagram.
- Posts that have been marked 'private' by the user will not be collected due to API restrictions. Even if you are following a private account, Flowbox will not collect this content as the user has not allowed it to be public.
Post your hashtag and photo tags on your social media and encourage your fans to use them!
Flowbox can only collect new content that is posted on Instagram, due to API restrictions. To collect older content, we recommend installing our Chrome Extension.
- Publishing to Instagram via Flowbox: http://help.getflowbox.com/en/articles/4555968-publish.