If you're interested in collecting Instagram posts from a specific location, you can use Instagram's location search combined with the Flowbox Chrome extension.
Haven't installed our Chrome extension yet? Go to this article and start there.
Time to start sending Rights Requests to geotagged posts!
Follow these steps to find geotagged posts and send Rights Requests with our Chrome Extension:
1. Go to https://www.instagram.com/explore/locations/ or enter your location in the search bar.
2. Once you've found your desired post. Click on the Instagram post, and right-click in the comment field of the post. Click on 'Select Template' and pick a template that you want to post. NOTE: this guide will explain how to edit your Rights Request.
If the Rights Request isn't automatically showing in the comment field, you may need to paste it in. Press 'CTRL+V' (or '⌘+V' for Mac) and the text should now appear.
3. Click on 'Post' to post your template as a comment.
4. All you need to do now is to wait for the Instagram user to approve your request 🎉
5. The post will not be collected in your Flowbox account until the Instagram user has granted you permission.
The Rights Request will be sent from the Instagram account that you are currently logged into. Also, make sure that your Instagram account is connected as a @mentions source to a Flow.
Remember, content that is collected via the Chrome extension will still follow the same process and rules as other sources in Flowbox. Once the Rights Request has been approved, you will find the content in your inbox sorted by chronological date. If you collect a piece of content posted 1 year ago, you will most likely not find it at the top of your Flow inbox. You can always search for it by clicking on 'Status' and searching amongst your 'Granted' posts.