Before starting to implement a Dynamic Flow, make sure you're familiar with embedding a regular, static Flow as described in https://intercom.help/flowbox/embedding-flowbox-on-your-site/embedding-a-flow-on-your-website
Tag Flows are a great way to dynamically extend your regular Flows by pulling in posts sharing one or many tags. 🌞
To create a Dynamic Flow based on tags you need to have posts with tags added in Moderate. 🏷
You then add the embed script to your HTML source the same as for static Flows but you also tell the embed script which posts to show by passing in an array of tags when calling
tags: ['summer', 'sun'] // Display posts that have either "summer" or "sun" as tags
- The key property is the Flow key. The easiest way to find this is copying it from the "Copy Flow Key" option in the triple dot menu in Moderate in Flowbox:
- The locale needs to have a both a
countrycode to work correctly: e.g.
da-DK. In order to get a correct translation you will have to pick a locale from the list of supported locales. If you pass in an unsupported locale, buttons and text will be displayed in English.
Please also make sure to use
For more info on which languages we support for please visit this page.
You can also change the behavior of the dynamic Flow to include posts that have one of the tags added or all the tags by passing in the
tagsOperator property to
init . This supports the following options:
allmeaning "the Dynamic Flow will pull in posts that's tagged with all the tags in the list". This is used by default.
anymeaning "the Dynamic Flow will pull in posts that's tagged with one or more of the tags in the list".
tags: ['summer', 'sun'],
tagsOperator: 'all' // Display posts that have *both* "summer" and "sun" added as tags
Interactive example – switching between Tags
An interactive demo for switching tags in a Tag Flow—including example code—can be found here. This demo shows you how to set up a simple navigation for switching between a few different tags for one Flow. ✨
The long story short is that you make use of the
window.flowbox('update') method to update the criteria for which posts to display.
- Embedding a 🌊 Flow on your website: https://intercom.help/flowbox/embedding-flowbox-on-your-site/embedding-a-flow-on-your-website
- Embedding multiple 📶 Flows on one page: http://help.getflowbox.com/embedding-flowbox-on-your-site/embedding-multiple-flows-on-one-page
- Implementing and embedding a Dynamic 🌊 Product 🛒 Flow: https://help.getflowbox.com/embedding-flowbox-on-your-site/implementing-and-embedding-a-dynamic-product-flow